"Rio dei Scoacamini - 1"

Photographer  ‑  Anne Carroll
The Rio dei Scoacamini (chimney sweepers canal) was a guild dating from 1420 and had about 80 members whose work was to sweep the chimneys and the latrines. The canal passes under the Ponte de le Pignate upon which was located a pignate shop. The pignateri were artisans producing and selling jugs, pots, crockery and ceramic and terracotta objects.